beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Balasubramanian Krishnan <Balasubramanian.Krish...@caritor.com>
Subject Re: checkin request NetUI - Tiles support
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:20:12 GMT
Hi all,
its really a great news that tiles is supported in the JPF's. Its awesome.
Can anyone send me the document which covers the step by step process of
achieving it??

with regards,
bala

Richard Feit <richard.feit@bea.com>
12/21/2004 10:56 AM
Please respond to
"Beehive Developers" <beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org>

Beehive Developers <beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: checkin request NetUI - Tiles support

Hey Carlin,

Thanks for implementing the long-awaited, much-requested Tiles support
for Page Flows.  You're sure to have some new fans out there now.  Looks
great -- I just checked this in.  I made three minor changes -- let me
know if any of this seems problematic.

    In GenStrutsApp, I changed this:
        paths.add( prefix + File.separator + definitionsConfig );
    to this:
        paths.add( prefix + '/' + definitionsConfig );

    It looks like Tiles can accept either one, but since all other
webapp-relative paths use forward slashes, I thought we should follow
the same convention here.

    In StrutsApp, I removed the following line:

          if ( TILES_MODULE_AWARE_PROPERTY.equals( name ) )
          {
              // Make sure "moduleAware" is true
    <--       existingSetProperties[i].setValue( "true" );
              moduleAwarePropertyIsSet = true;
          }

    If the user has specified a value for this property in the
Struts-merge file, we don't want to overwrite it, even if we think it
will break our auto-generated functionality.

    Also, I changed the following loop to prevent a ',' at the end of
the list of Tiles configs.  Doesn't seem to change the behavior, but it
looks better in the generated output.  :)

        for ( String definitionsConfig : _tilesDefinitionsConfigs )
        {
            pathNames.append( definitionsConfig ).append( ',' );
        }

    is changed to:

        boolean firstOne = true;
        for ( String definitionsConfig : _tilesDefinitionsConfigs )
        {
            if ( ! firstOne ) pathNames.append( ',' );
            firstOne = false;
            pathNames.append( definitionsConfig );
        }

Thanks again,