beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Hoi Lam" <h...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Proposed dbControl patch
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:09:56 GMT
Hello Greg,

Thank you for your patch for the dbControl sample.   Although originally
we planned to develop this dbControl sample into a full-featured
database control, since then we have decided ControlHaus
(http://www.controlhaus.com <http://www.controlhaus.com/> ) would be a
more ideal place for control development (please see:
http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/Controls/SystemControls).  In
ControlHaus, you will find a JDBC control, a feature rich database
control developed by Chad Schoettger.  The plan is to include this
control along with several others to the Beehive distribution in the
near future.  I apologize for the confusion, and I will remove the
dbControl sample from Beehive to eliminate this confusion.

Hoi

  _____

From: McCarty, Greg [mailto:Greg.McCarty@mantech-ist.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 4:20 AM
To: beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Proposed dbControl patch

Attached is a patch file for the dbControl sample and the EmployeeWS
sample. For dbControl.DatabaseControl.java, they change the
ConnectionDataSource annotation to have driverName and connectionURl
properties. For dbControl.DatabaseControlImpl.java they implement the
code to use them.

Then, for EmployeeDbControl (from the EmployeeWS example), there's a
patch to use the new annotation properties.

I have originally mailed this to Richard Feit.  He suggested I repackage
it and sent it here.

Greg McCarty

Senior Technical Advisor / ManTech IST

ph:  410-480-9000 x2804 or 703-674-2804    fx: 410-480-0916