beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:37:56 GMT
I see - so this isn't the complex part of the change we were talking
about.  This is simply adding an ant target to beehive-imports.xml.  It
seems like a good addition, but one question I have is whether we should
be supporting different project models with something like this.  Seems
like we're moving away from a source-under-web-content model.  What do
you think?
Rich

Eddie O'Neil wrote:

>  Here's the Ant that will do this; it patches
>trunk/user/beehive-imports.xml and can be run as:
>
>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp
>
>which will prompt for a destination directory for the project.  Or, it
>can be run like:
>
>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp -Dwebapp.dir
>
>which will skp the prompt since "webapp.dir" has already been provided.
>
>  I think this will be *really* useful and less error-prone than the
>alternative.
>
>  Thoughts?
>
>Eddie
>
><snip>
>    <target name="new.netui.webapp"
>               description="Create a new NetUI-enabled Beehive webapp">
>        <input message="Provide a fully-qualified web project path:"
>                  addproperty="webapp.dir"/>
>
>        <copy todir="${webapp.dir}">
>            <fileset dir="${basedir}/samples/netui-blank">
>                <include name="**/*"/>
>            </fileset>
>        </copy>
>        <deploy-netui webappDir="${webapp.dir}"/>
>
>        <echo>Created a NetUI-enabled in ${webapp.dir}</echo>
>    </target>
></snip>
>
>On 9/9/05, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  Gotcha.  As far as the docs, I've got a placeholder in the
>>netui/projects.xml doc already that describes the cp / ant -f step.
>>So, that part is easy.  ;)
>>
>>  Patch forthcoming...
>>
>>Eddie
>>

>>On 9/9/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Oh, I just meant we should take a week to have people play with it if we
>>>put it in for 1.0, that's all.  I think we'd want to get it into the
>>>docs, too, especially where there are instructions for copying
>>>netui-blank, etc.  What do you think about that?
>>>
>>>I'd definitely take a look at the diff, though, even if it's something
>>>we hold until v1.1.
>>>
>>>Rich

thanks.

and fix while you're