beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:49:02 GMT

1) yes, this simply adds a convenience target to beehive-imports.xml.
It doesn't attempt to fix the validation problem discussed earlier --
depending on how it's fixed, that might be an SVN-side issue with
building the distribution.

2) I agree that we are moving away from the WEB-INF/src project model
and onto the Tomcat model where web/ and src/ are peers.  This target
certainly could support both models, but it's just easier to have it
support the one Tomcat prescribes that is widely used and is easily
supported in various IDEs.  We can document how to setup a project with
source-in-webapp.  If there was enough interest, we could make this
change now...it only affects netui-samples, netui-blank, and netui-jsf.

   Thoughts?

Eddie

Rich Feit wrote:
> I see - so this isn't the complex part of the change we were talking
> about.  This is simply adding an ant target to beehive-imports.xml.  It
> seems like a good addition, but one question I have is whether we should
> be supporting different project models with something like this.  Seems
> like we're moving away from a source-under-web-content model.  What do
> you think?
> Rich
>
> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>
>>  Here's the Ant that will do this; it patches
>> trunk/user/beehive-imports.xml and can be run as:
>>
>>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp
>>
>> which will prompt for a destination directory for the project.  Or, it
>> can be run like:
>>
>>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp -Dwebapp.dir
>>
>> which will skp the prompt since "webapp.dir" has already been provided.
>>
>>  I think this will be *really* useful and less error-prone than the
>> alternative.
>>
>>  Thoughts?
>>
>> Eddie
>>
>> <snip>
>>    <target name="new.netui.webapp"
>>               description="Create a new NetUI-enabled Beehive webapp">
>>        <input message="Provide a fully-qualified web project path:"
>>                  addproperty="webapp.dir"/>
>>
>>        <copy todir="${webapp.dir}">
>>            <fileset dir="${basedir}/samples/netui-blank">
>>                <include name="**/*"/>
>>            </fileset>
>>        </copy>
>>        <deploy-netui webappDir="${webapp.dir}"/>
>>
>>        <echo>Created a NetUI-enabled in ${webapp.dir}</echo>
>>    </target>
>> </snip>
>>
>> On 9/9/05, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>  Gotcha.  As far as the docs, I've got a placeholder in the
>>> netui/projects.xml doc already that describes the cp / ant -f step.
>>> So, that part is easy.  ;)
>>>
>>>  Patch forthcoming...
>>>
>>> Eddie

 And,