beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:07:31 GMT
I definitely agree on #2 (if I'm understanding you correctly) -- I think
it should support the Tomcat model you're describing.  Originally I'd
suggested supporting both because netui-blank is in the old project
model, so I assumed that this is the only one we would be supporting.
So I support making this change...

Rich

Eddie O'Neil wrote:

> 1) yes, this simply adds a convenience target to beehive-imports.xml.
> It doesn't attempt to fix the validation problem discussed earlier --
> depending on how it's fixed, that might be an SVN-side issue with
> building the distribution.
>
> 2) I agree that we are moving away from the WEB-INF/src project model
> and onto the Tomcat model where web/ and src/ are peers.  This target
> certainly could support both models, but it's just easier to have it
> support the one Tomcat prescribes that is widely used and is easily
> supported in various IDEs.  We can document how to setup a project
> with source-in-webapp.  If there was enough interest, we could make
> this change now...it only affects netui-samples, netui-blank, and
> netui-jsf.
>
>   Thoughts?
>
> Eddie
>

> Rich Feit wrote:
>
>> I see - so this isn't the complex part of the change we were talking
>> about.  This is simply adding an ant target to beehive-imports.xml.  It
>> seems like a good addition, but one question I have is whether we should
>> be supporting different project models with something like this.  Seems
>> like we're moving away from a source-under-web-content model.  What do
>> you think?
>> Rich
>>
>> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>>
>>>  Here's the Ant that will do this; it patches
>>> trunk/user/beehive-imports.xml and can be run as:
>>>
>>>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp
>>>
>>> which will prompt for a destination directory for the project.  Or, it
>>> can be run like:
>>>
>>>    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp -Dwebapp.dir
>>>
>>> which will skp the prompt since "webapp.dir" has already been provided.
>>>
>>>  I think this will be *really* useful and less error-prone than the
>>> alternative.
>>>
>>>  Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Eddie
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>    <target name="new.netui.webapp"               description="Create
>>> a new NetUI-enabled Beehive webapp">
>>>        <input message="Provide a fully-qualified web project path:"
>>>                  addproperty="webapp.dir"/>
>>>
>>>        <copy todir="${webapp.dir}">
>>>            <fileset dir="${basedir}/samples/netui-blank">
>>>                <include name="**/*"/>
>>>            </fileset>
>>>        </copy>
>>>        <deploy-netui webappDir="${webapp.dir}"/>
>>>          <echo>Created a NetUI-enabled in ${webapp.dir}</echo>
>>>    </target>
>>> </snip>

URL

wrote:

> [...]
> [...]