beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steven Tocco" <>
Subject RE: xmlbeans, jsr173, and BEEHIVE-872
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:57:53 GMT

That is great news!

Are there any other blocking issues preventing a branch being created
for v1?


-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie O'Neil [] 
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:51 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: Re: xmlbeans, jsr173, and BEEHIVE-872


  I just committed a change that switches Beehive onto the new JSR 173
API package.  This has been vetted by the appropriate lawyers to
ensure that the license for the 173 API JAR is Apache compatible and
can be shipped with a Beehive distribution.

  The XMLBeans committers are asking for advice from ASF folks about
what to do with their 2.0 release.  I suppose it's possible that
they'll need to re-roll the release.  If that happens, we'll need to
decide whether to upgrade the XMLBean version we ship, though I'd
guess any new version they release will be compatible with the 2.0
from June.

  The change I committed does a few things:
- switches the download package for JSR 173 from
- bundles the new JSR 173 API JAR in a distribution
- adds a LICENSE.jsr173-api file to both SVN and to the distribution

  I'm going to go ahead and close the JIRA issue since our license
issue should be resolved; let's watch dev@ to see where XMLBeans goes
with this next.

  Questions / comments?


On 9/7/05, Eddie O'Neil <> wrote:
>   Oh,'s the XMLBeans change from this morinng about the
> JSR 173 bundle:
> On 9/7/05, Eddie O'Neil <> wrote:
> > All--
> >
> >   If you've been reading the release status e-mails that have been
> > the list, you've noticed that BEEHIVE-872 is tracking a license
> > with XMLBeans and their dependency on the JSR 173 API JAR.  There
> > a change in the XMLBeans mailing list this morning that switched
> > a new JSR 173 download bundle that has some different license
> > in it.
> >
> >   There's mail in dev@xmlbeans that checks to make sure that the
> > license issue is resolved, but if it's taken care of from their
> > I'm sitting on a change that will add the correct license to our SVN
> > tree and download and will switch us onto the new JSR 173 package.
> > Once the status of this is clear, I'll commit that and resolve the
> > blocking JIRA issue.
> >
> > Eddie
> >

View raw message