beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Kyle Marvin <kylemar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing the system controls from .jcs to .java
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:28:20 GMT
> All--
>
>  I'm going to rename the system controls from being *.jcs files to
> being *.java files so that they're easier to work with in the IDE.
> Shouldn't be any other changes as a result except for a bit of code
> reformatting.
>
>  Dissenters, weigh in.  :)

I think this is fine.  Ironically, the reason why custom filename
extensions exist at all was to make things easier for an IDE (so it
could present different file types w/out having to open/scan the file
for annotations).

But the actual handling of .jcs and .java is identical from a
bulid/runtime perspective, so there shouldn't be any problems.

-- Kyle