beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] apache beehive 1.0 release
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 03:11:15 GMT
Antony--

  Thanks!  Since we're starting to build the next version of Beehive,
let's talk about Spring and Hibernate support for a second.

  In Beehive, native Hibernate support likely means a Beehive Control,
but on the subject of Spring, what specifically do you mean by clearer
integration with Spring?

  I've been playing with this a bit, and my prototype works by
authoring Beehive controls but wiring them up and setting / overriding
metadata via Spring config files.  For example, with the JdbcControl,
I've got a simple example of setting the JNDI name for the Control via
Spring.  I've not done this with Spring's transaction support yet; was
going to look at that next.

  Is this the sort of thing you're talking about?

  Or are you talking more about declaratively wiring up native Spring
Beans in a Page Flow (for example)?

Eddie