beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject wsm breakout progress -- [was: Re: [proposal] wsm breakout]
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 13:46:36 GMT
All--

  Great to see the general show of support for decoupling WSM.  I
started the work this weekend and have it mostly done; WSM will move
to the SVN URL:

  beehive/wsm/trunk

with the usual branches/ and tags/ subdirectories as well.  There was
a bit of work needed to untangle wsm and the web service control.
Doing this necessitated the following changes:

- copy the webservice-utils classes from wsm/src to
system-controls/src/webservice.  WSM and the WSC now have their own
classes that can evolve independently
- snapshot WSM into system-controls/test/webservice so that the
JSR-181 web services used in the WSC tests can be built
- copy Axis 1.3 into system-controls/external/axis-1.3.  This was
unfortunate (see SVN comment) but necessary.

I don't see a better and still expeditious way around making these
changes; once everything is installed with Maven, it will be easier to
satisfy the WSM dependency for the WSC tests.  It seems like a good
thing to avoid a code dependence between the two.

  Will commit these changes tonight unless there is loud squawking.  :)

Eddie