beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Page flow inheritance - shared flows and controls
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:30:32 GMT
Hey Rich,

I'm looking at some page flow inheritance issues wrt fields for shared flows
(BEEHIVE-1096 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1096>) and
controls (BEEHIVE-1060 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1060>)
not being initialized correctly. I have a couple questions for you.

In both bugs, there are scenarios where fields declared in the base class
and inherited in a derived class are not getting initialized. For the shared
flow fields, there's a runtime issue as well as an annotation processing
issue. The generated _pageflow/annotation-*.xml derived class does not
include the Controller member field for a private member of the base class.
In addition, the runtime CachedPageFlowInfo class only calls the
getDeclaredFields() for the current class so the inherited shared flow
fields will never be included.

I've also noticed that the generated _pageflow/annotation-*.xml derived
class does not include the Controller member field for a controls either.
There also seems to be a separate issue with generating the *
ClientInitializer.java source.

In general, with page flow inheritance, is there any reason we would not
include inherited private member fields for shared flows and controls from
the base class in the generated _pageflow/annotation-*.xml of a derived
class? Anything I'm missing? Otherwise, I'll plan to modify the annotation
processing to include these cases.

I also have a new method for the runtime CachedPageFlowInfo class to go
through the fields of a page flow super class to get the inherited declared
fields.

Sound right? Any additional thoughts on these two bugs?

Thanks,
Carlin