beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding NetUI annotation processing for an external form bean class in check() phase
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:55:45 GMT
Hey Carlin,

I think what might be better would be to make a
FormBeanAnnotationProcessorFactory in
compiler-apt/org/apache/beehive/netui/compiler/apt, and make it
responsible for the form bean annotation (you'd need to remove that
annotation from the list of supported annotations in
PageFlowAnnotationProcessorFactory).  FBAPF could then simply return a
FormBeanCoreAnnotationProcessorFactory -- which already exists -- in its
getCoreProcessorFor().  I honestly cannot remember why I didn't do that
-- sorry.

If it turns out that this doesn't work for some reason, you could also
roll the functionality from FormBeanCoreAnnotationProcessor into
PageFlowCoreAnnotationProcessor (and to delete the former).

In either case, you end up with standalone checking form bean classes,
which is nicer because you don't have to worry about multiple
PageFlowCheckers triggering checking on the same external form bean
class, and it's just cleaner to have it be standalone.

All that said, I didn't wire it up in the first place, so if you run
into any difficulties let me know -- it's possible there's something I'm
missing here.

Rich