beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject reorganize directory structure of NetUI webapp-template?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 04:42:01 GMT
I'd like to make a simple change to an ant build file so that the
netui-blank sample would have the Controller.java file in the src directory
rather than the web dir. In looking at the ant build scripts and the NetUI
web app template I noticed the following...

We copy files from the netui/build/dist/webapp/ directory to create the new
web app. This webapp template directory comes from the
netui/src/webapp-template/default directory in svn. Here, the src/ directory
is under the WEB-INF directory. I'd like to propose that we change this
structure to follow the typical src web split we have for our samples and
tests. Any objections or is there a reason the structure should remain the
same? Any thoughts about what else these changes might impact that I should
be aware of?

The change would modify the structure of netui/src/webapp-template/default
from...

webapp-template/
        default/
            Controller.java
            index.jsp
            resources/...
            WEB-INF/
                src/
                    shared/...

                    build.properties
                    build.xml
                    log4j.xml

to...

webapp-template/
        default/
            src/
                shared/...
                Controller.java
            web/
                index.jsp
                resources/...

                WEB-INF/...
            build.properties
            build.xml

The NetUI webapp template, netui/build/dist/webapp/, would be built with the
associated directory layout changes. The various ant build files would also
be updated to handle the change in directory structure.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Carlin