beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request attribute issues for BEEHIVE-1031
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:27:04 GMT
Great -- my only question is, why expose anything like
getRemovableAttributeNames()?  Can't we just assume that everything gets
dropped except the attributes we expose as reconstructible?

Oh, one other detail I thought of this morning.  For the case where the
user has returned to a page with validation errors, the form bean object
in the request might be something we want to preserve across refresh
requests.  Otherwise, the user's original form input values will be
lost.  If we wanted to handle this, our return values from
getReconstructibleAttributeNames() would just be more dynamic (we'd have
to keep track of which form beans got put into the request).  What do
you think?

Rich