beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request attribute issues for BEEHIVE-1031
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:56:07 GMT
Yes, this sounds right. I agree that the "portal framework should be
in complete control of the actual storing and restoring of the
attribute values."

The one other thing to mention in what the portal framework would do,
is the request to get the names of the attributes that do not need to
be stored or reconstructed (like the implicit objects we set in the
PageFlowPageFilter).

So to recap and make sure we're on the same page for the design, the
ScopedRequest interface would have new methods...

/**
 * names of attributes that do not need to persist for a refresh request.
 */
public List getRemovableAttributeNames();

/**
 * names of attributes that can be reconstructed.
 */
public List getReconstructibleAttributeNames()

/**
  * Returns a ReconstructibleAttribute that can reconstruct
 * its original value.
 */
public ReconstructibleAttribute getReconstructibleAttribute(String name)

Sound good? Appreciate all the input.

Carlin