beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad Schoettger" <chad.schoett...@gmail.com>
Subject [CODE REVIEW] Beehive-1120 proposed fix
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:55:23 GMT
Beehive-1120 was filed by a Beehive user who ran into an issue while
using a data grid nested in a netui form.

The issue at a high level is:

<netui:form>
  <netui-data:dataGrid>
    <netui-data:header>
      <netui-data:headerCell sortAction="foo" .....>
        foo
      </netui-data:headerCell>
       .
       .
       .
    </netui-data:header>
  </netui-data:dataGrid>
  <netui:button action="bar">
</netui:form>

Where once the netui button has been clicked on, the sort action for
the data grid header cell, includes an 'actionOverride=bar' attribute.
 Any subsequent clicks on the data grid header will go to the 'bar'
action instead of the 'foo' action.

I have attached a simple application to reproduce this problem to the JIRA bug.

***********************

Proposed Solution:

I am by no means a data grid expert, but it seems that
'actionOverride' URL attributes should not be included in a sort
action.

The actionOverride attribute is added in
o.a.b.n.datagrid.runtime.config.DefaultDataGridStateCodec's decode()
method.

I propose that this method be modified to NOT add 'actionOverride'
attributes to the _queryParams Map.

I have tried this change and all of the NETUI BVTs pass.

Thoughts/Comments?

 - Chad