beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad Schoettger" <chad.schoett...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request attribute issues for BEEHIVE-1031
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:40:45 GMT
After taking a look at this issue as well, I'm in agreement with
adding a new method to the ScopedRequest which returns a list of NETUI
attribute names that don't need to be persisted in a session.

I was thinking for attributes which can be reconstructed, that instead
of adding any new API's to the ScopedRequest, the ScopedRequest would
reconstruct those values internally the next time the ScopedRequest
getAttribute() method is invoked for that reconstructable attribute
value.

Something like:

ScopedRequest
  getAttribute(String attributeName) {
     .
     .
     .
     if (!attributeName in map) {
        if (isReconstructable(attributeName)) {
           return reconstructAttribute(attributeName);
        }
     }
     .
     .
     .
   }

Using this approach would seem to simplify what a portal developer
needs to do in order to use this feature.

  - Chad