Yeah, this seems like something's that unavoidable with the progression of Struts -- some of our APIs may change because they change some. Good luck with the upgrade. Eddie On 10/2/06, Rich Feit wrote: > This seems ok to me (and it does seem like the right thing to upgrade). > We'd just want to release-note it so that anyone who's overridden > processValidate() (struts-merge) will know what to expect upon recompile. > > Rich > > Carlin Rogers wrote: > > Looking at BEEHIVE-1128, the upgrade to use Struts 1.2.9 from 1.2.7 > > includes a Struts API change. Version 1.2.9 includes a security fix > > for the Struts tag and validation (Struts bug 38374) > > where the signature of the Struts RequestProcessor method > > processValidate() has changed. It now includes another checked > > exception in the throws clause, InvalidCancelException. It is a new > > exception, added to 1.2.9 for the fix to the Struts bug. > > > > The Beehive NetUI class, PageFlowRequestProcessor, extends the Struts > > RequestProcessor class and overrides the processValidate() method. For > > the Struts upgrade, the NetUI upgrade PageFlowRequestProcessor would > > get the same signature change. From what I understand, this should not > > be cause a binary compatibility issue. The throws clauses are only > > checked at compile time. See the Java language spec... > > > > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/binaryComp.doc.html#45262 > > > > > > The only jar to change in the upgrade is the struts.jar. The commons > > validator, etc. are still the same. > > > > Does anyone have an issue or suggestion before going forward with the > > upgrade to Struts 1.2.9? > > > > Thanks, > > Carlin > > >