beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a new patch release [was: Re: Question about the next release...]
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:34:35 GMT
Carlin--

  I've created the release, though there is still some work left to do
in getting it finalized.  There's a new tool used to check the
ASF-ness of a release in terms of license headers / copyright notice
called RAT that's available here:

  http://code.google.com/p/arat/

and it shows a bunch of files in the various distributions
(binary|lib|src) that need to have license headers applied.  I'm not
able to fix these today in addition to shipping the release -- will
get to it later this week.  Feel free to jumping in with RAT -- it's
mostly just adding headers to a bunch of files.

Eddie

> Carlin--
>
>   I'll take a pass through the release notes and prune items that are
> noise for users (test infrastructure, etc).  I won't get to finalizing
> a release this weekend but should be able to wrap it up the weekend of
> the 18th.  Apologies for the delay...
>
> Eddie
>

> On 11/8/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the fix to the release notes Eddie. Did anyone else have
> > anything to add or change in the release notes? Other thoughts?
> >
> > Eddie, if there are no other changes to role into release notes, when
> > would you plan to "create and sign the release package"? Just curious.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 11/5/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Eddie, All,
> > >
> > > SVN revision 471547 contains a first pass at the release notes for
> > > 1.0.2. Please take a moment to review and edit as needed. Thanks!
> > >
> > > Carlin

 The

<created> field when we roll
Do we need to remove

for the beehive version, correct?

yet. I guess we wait

in all the jars sounds good as well.

As my slow replies probably
other things and haven't been

to happen for release:

distributables / refreshed documentation

/ data grid work after Wednesday

of this:

to do this -- but other projects
JARs are self-describing outside
 I'd be in favor of doing

the branch and backing out the changes,

that you think some of us other folks in
be doing?

work and is basically just a couple of
that's my task unless someone else wants

an incomplete feature is exposing
 This means that the APIs could change
breaking applications that used such
seem desirable.

that patch releases should be as stable as
from a previously released version.

<scott.musser@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
there be in option #1?
cleaner than option #2 but I agree with Carlin that
work.
data set support could then be finished when you have
shipping incomplete data set support be disagreeable to
understand what will the ramifications of shipping
might be.

there would be some API changes in what you have for
data set support to make it fully baked or just
I'm not a binding vote but I'd be good with either 1 or
drastic in API changes for data set support).

new release would be great except...

new feature work in trunk/ for supporting partial data
work isn't baked / frozen yet.  Some options:

remove the partial data set support, and ship 1.0.2
data set support as-is in 1.0.2
partial data set support and then ship 1.0.2

Ken Tam <kentaminator@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
a 1.0.2 patch release