beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new <netui:div> tag for additional client side JavaScript support
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:57:48 GMT
Eddie,

The <netui:rewriteName> tag is designed to participate in URL
rewriting. Say in a portal, the URL rewriting is for the scoping a
request to a portlet and just prepends the portlet scope to a name.
This request scoping is different than the scoping generated with the
NetUI tag and JavaScript support within <netui:scriptContainer
generateIdScope="true">. The tags generate a map in a page for the
tagId attributes of NetUI tags and can scope them to the
scriptContainer tag... but it's a different scoping.

The <netui:divPanel> tag is used as a dynamic client side routine for
switching between different template sections within the panel. At
first I thought this could be used but the generated id on the
rendered div tags doesn't seem to work for this case. I just tried a
simple test. There may be a way to get this to go but still does not
feel very intuitive as it involves using <netui-template:section>,
etc.

Carlin