beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new <netui:div> tag for additional client side JavaScript support
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:53:58 GMT
OK, I'll take a look and see, though I'm not yet sure how to tie it
into generating the entries for the netui_tagIdNameMap for the script
container. My thought was that a tag that was mapped to an HTML
element like <div> could just leverage the existing tagId attribute
and script container support. It would basically extend the
HtmlBaseTag.

Thanks for the feedback.
Carlin

>   That makes sense -- it seems like the same functionality be
> generally implemented by doing something similar to <rewriteName>
> which creates a scoped name, makes it available in the pageContext,
> and registers it with list of HTML ids to render.  How about a new
> rewriteName attribute or a new tag that does the same for page scoped
> names?
>
>   That would be a solution that could be used on all HTML tags.
>
> Eddie
>

> On 12/13/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eddie,
> >
> > Yes, correct. And in addition, if this was within a
> > <netui:scriptContainer generateIdScope="true">
> > </netui:scriptContainer>
> >
> > the id would be scoped, so rendered like...

> > Carlin
> >
> > On 12/13/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Carlin--
> > >
> > >   Right -- you're talking about scoping in the page rather than
> > > scoping a request, though I'm still not sure I'm clear on the use of
> > > the tag.
> > >
> > >   Is the goal to have a NetUI tag that renders a <div> which is
> > > registered with the rendered tagId / id mapping JavaScript?  Something
> > > like:
> > >
> > >   <netui:div tagId="foo">
> > >   </netui:div>
> > >
> > > that renders:

> > > along with the JavaScript to map the rendered <div> into the
> > > netui_names / netui_tagIdNameMap.
> > >
> > > Eddie

JavaScript