beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new <netui:div> tag for additional client side JavaScript support
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:32:06 GMT
  That makes sense -- it seems like the same functionality be
generally implemented by doing something similar to <rewriteName>
which creates a scoped name, makes it available in the pageContext,
and registers it with list of HTML ids to render.  How about a new
rewriteName attribute or a new tag that does the same for page scoped
names?

  That would be a solution that could be used on all HTML tags.

Eddie

On 12/13/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eddie,
>
> Yes, correct. And in addition, if this was within a
> <netui:scriptContainer generateIdScope="true">
> </netui:scriptContainer>
>
> the id would be scoped, so rendered like...

> Carlin
>
> On 12/13/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Carlin--
> >
> >   Right -- you're talking about scoping in the page rather than
> > scoping a request, though I'm still not sure I'm clear on the use of
> > the tag.
> >
> >   Is the goal to have a NetUI tag that renders a <div> which is
> > registered with the rendered tagId / id mapping JavaScript?  Something
> > like:
> >
> >   <netui:div tagId="foo">
> >   </netui:div>
> >
> > that renders:

> > along with the JavaScript to map the rendered <div> into the
> > netui_names / netui_tagIdNameMap.
> >
> > Eddie
> >

> > On 12/13/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Eddie,
> > >
> > > The <netui:rewriteName> tag is designed to participate in URL
> > > rewriting. Say in a portal, the URL rewriting is for the scoping a
> > > request to a portlet and just prepends the portlet scope to a name.
> > > This request scoping is different than the scoping generated with the
> > > NetUI tag and JavaScript support within <netui:scriptContainer
> > > generateIdScope="true">. The tags generate a map in a page for the
> > > tagId attributes of NetUI tags and can scope them to the
> > > scriptContainer tag... but it's a different scoping.
> > >
> > > The <netui:divPanel> tag is used as a dynamic client side routine for
> > > switching between different template sections within the panel. At
> > > first I thought this could be used but the generated id on the
> > > rendered div tags doesn't seem to work for this case. I just tried a
> > > simple test. There may be a way to get this to go but still does not
> > > feel very intuitive as it involves using <netui-template:section>,
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > Carlin

NetUI HTML tags.