beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new <netui:div> tag for additional client side JavaScript support
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:51:51 GMT
Carlin--

  Yes -- that's one way to use them.  Another might look like:

  <netui:rewriteName name="foo" resultId="fooString" forTagId="true"/>

The "resultId" pattern by JSP tags to add values to the PageContext
attribute map.  Then, those values can be referenced using JSP EL as
${pageScope.fooStr} or scriptlet.

  The <rewriteName> tag is used in both of these ways today, though I
personally prefer EL to the in-line example.  :)

Eddie

On 12/13/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, thanks. I've looked at SRS some.
>
> So just to make sure I follow, the page developer would then be using
> a tag to set an attribute of another tag. Something like...

> ...or some other general tag other than rewriteName. Is that what you
> were thinking? I guess my first thought was that it seemed a little
> weird to use a tag to set an attribute of another tag but not a big
> deal. What do you think?
>
> Thanks again,
> Carlin
>
> On 12/13/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   Maybe the ScriptRequestState object and use the "mapTagId" method
> > would help here -- SRS is a nice data structure for tracking the
> > mapping that's used to render the JavaScript that's ultimately written
> > to the page.
> >
> >   HTH.
> >
> > Eddie
> >

> > On 12/13/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > OK, I'll take a look and see, though I'm not yet sure how to tie it
> > > into generating the entries for the netui_tagIdNameMap for the script
> > > container. My thought was that a tag that was mapped to an HTML
> > > element like <div> could just leverage the existing tagId attribute
> > > and script container support. It would basically extend the
> > > HtmlBaseTag.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the feedback.
> > > Carlin

 Something