beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Xibin Zeng" <xibin.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Beehive still an active project?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 04:24:45 GMT
Anthony -

Not necessarily. Beehive has several parts; and yes, PageFlow is the web
framework of Beehive, and it is built on top of Struts. You forgot to
mention another part of Beehive, namely, the Controls framework. This
framework provides good encapsulation to complex JavaEE technologies, such
as JDBC, JMS, and web services, as a component model. For example, the Web
Service Control provides a java proxy class to a web service based on its
WSDL. If you are on the Weblogic platform, it provides additional benefit
since it integrates well with WLS, and it gives you feature coverage in
areas such as conversational web service, transactions, EJB Timer,
management console, etc. There are good support from the IDE as an eclipse
plug-in. I was involved in implementing some of the technologies at one time
and could give you more detail if you are interested.

Regards,
Xibin Zeng