bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Add Time Series #489 - Discussion
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:21:54 GMT
On 01/05/13 16:07, Shiva Teja wrote:
> Looks like there has been a misinterpretation of the idea from my side.
> I'll get back on the details again.
>
> Regards,
> Shiva Teja.
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Shiva Teja <shivatejau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary,
>> Having one more page for reports might not make sense. So yes, I will be
>> extending the existing reports framework.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shiva Teja.

I think I am still not clear on exactly what your approach is. I am
hoping for others to get involved in this discussion. It may be that
others consider the idea of writing additional reports to be a valid
outcome of this project.

My expectation is that you would not need to write another report; what
Joe and I have suggested are just use-cases. Instead I was hoping for an
interface to help a user create their own time-series data. The idea of
taking an appropriate report (one with a time column) or recognising a
"custom query" and applying additional filters may well be a bit too big
a challenge though within the timescales though.

Cheers,
     Gary