bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Installation Documentation for Windows
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:45:03 GMT
On 01/05/13 16:33, Lawrence AN Mouarkach wrote:
> Hi,
> There are key issues with the installation documentation in that for a
> windows user it is very hard to setup if you happen to be relatively new to
> python programming. The installation of setup tools and pip is confusing
> and unclear, could you perhaps suggest a solution, as I am currently stuck
> trying to install bloodhound. If you provide a solution I will be more than
> happy to update it on the apache installation document page!
> Regards,
> Lawrence Mouarkach

We have been looking into improving that area. It is a problem with
relying on the webpages of each package to tell you how to install. It
looks like for 64bit versions of Python you should follow the advice of
downloading http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py and running
the file with something like

    C:\Python27\python ez_setup.py

from the cmd line from wherever the file was downloaded. That should get
you setuptools.

After that running

    C:\Python27\Scripts\easy_install virtualenv

  should install both pip and virtualenv.

If someone could confirm that I have that correct, that would be great.

Cheers,
     Gary