bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #521: Relations error on ticket page
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 10:37:08 GMT
On 11/05/13 08:36, Andrej Golcov wrote:
> On 10 May 2013 19:09, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> I've been trying to look into the status of the relations work and what is
>> left to be done, but I can't find any tickets relating to it:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/query?component=relations&or&keywords=~relations&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=status&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
>>
>> I checked the BEP but again there's no indication on what progress has been
>> made, no indication on what is outstanding and no tickets are linked to
>> from there:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0006
> I didn't feel need for tickets fro BEP-0006 during bhrelations base
> code setup, defining requirements, and discussion on the mailing list.
> But now, when the next release is close, I agree with Joachim that
> tracking of bhrelations progress is important.
> I suggest "bhrealtions" keyword for tickets if you don't mind.

I have no particular problem with that if you find it makes life easier
for you but I tend to think that the relations component would be enough
to characterise the work. I hope you excuse me when I rarely set
keywords on any of the tickets that I raise!

>>> I'm running into issues with it now but can't tell whether it's already
>> known, a stopgap - the issue has been around for at least a few days before
>> I raised it:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/521
> As I mentioned in ticket, the problem was in moving the widget in
> bhrealtaions.* namespace that was not enabled by default. In fresh
> installation, components from bhrealtaions.* are enabled by default
> but the existing installations must be fixed manually by enabling
> bhrealtaions.* in ini file. Nigthly build demo also has to have
> bhrelations.* enabled.

We could look at enabling bhrelations as a part of the upgrade to 0.6.0
if we believe that it is ready at that point.

> I suggest to make the widget including conditional, just in case if an
> admin decides to disable bhrelations plugin. Any objections on this?

That makes good sense I think.

Cheers,
     Gary