bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Matevž Bradač <mat...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1477551 - in /bloodhound/trunk: bloodhound_dashboard/ bloodhound_dashboard/bhdashboard/widgets/ bloodhound_dashboard/bhdashboard/widgets/templates/ bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/htdocs/ bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/templates/
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 18:37:30 GMT

On 1. May, 2013, at 3:00, Olemis Lang wrote:

> On 4/30/13, matevz@apache.org <matevz@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: matevz
>> Date: Tue Apr 30 10:58:59 2013
>> New Revision: 1477551

>> Log:
>> Ticket relations widget - initial implementation
>>

> I'm really excited to see this
> :)

Glad to hear it. =)
It's currently in very basic form, but should improve soon.

> Is there a chance to move these ticket relations widgets on to BH
> Relations plugin ? This approach might lead a circular package
> dependency scenario
>
> BH Relations
>  +- BH Theme
>      +- BH Dashboard
>          +- BH Relations ...
>
> whereas IMHO this should look like
>
> BH Relations
>  +- BH Theme
>      +- BH Dashboard
>  +- BH Dashboard
>
> Besides , keeping such widgets in BH Dashboard plugin when BH
> Relations is not available IMHO is against package cohesion .
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohesion_(computer_science)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupling_(computer_programming)
> http://teleki.net/download/talks/2012.02.07.coupling.cohesion.pdf

I'm all for decoupling, but I ran into some issues when the widget
was placed into bhrelations plugin. I'll recheck what it was and
try to resolve it. Same goes for the ProductWidget which should
be moved to multiproduct plugin.

BTW, is the dashboard prerequisite for all other BH plugins?
Can it be turned off, but still have e.g. multiproduct support
enabled? AFAICS, the widgets won't render without dashboard,
but I'm not 100% sure.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Olemis.