bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Wiki install vs. upgrade
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:12:25 GMT
> On 02/05/13 15:15, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
>> Every registered user should be allowed to see the Dashboard.
>>
>> The Dashboard may be empty if the user has no permissions to see anything
>> else. Just as it is on a new installation with no information yet.
>>
>> Empty should not mean a blank page, but one helping to get started, learn
>> more, how to request permissions, whatever the case may be.
>
> When you say that every registered user should be allowed access that
> would suggest that there are situations where anonymous users should not
> be able to see the page. Unless you are attempting to argue for no
> constraints on access then using a permission to specify local policy
> would be consistent with the normal approach elsewhere.
>
> It looks like DASHBOARD_VIEW might be the obvious permission to use for
> this but we could make it so that DASHBOARD_VIEW is automatically
> granted by TICKET_VIEW. This would deny the ability to distinguish the
> two permissions without using fine grained permissions though.

Considering the fact that there is a proposal and working patch for
customized dashboards (see #140) I'd rather prefer DASHBOARD_VIEW
since not all dashboards might be about tickets . Indeed , that's what
we use since some time ago (afaics last commit = 2012-12-17 ) .

https://bitbucket.org/jose_angel_franco/bloodhound-dashboard/compare/t140_dynamic_layout_widgets_configuration..#Lbhdashboard/api.pyF108T141

> Your point about the empty page is good but it may be appropriate to
> allow the information there to be fairly customisable so that the empty
> view can be made to show information appropriate to the site.

Interesting

--
Regards,

Olemis.