bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Bloodhound: Embeddable tickets / objects - Request for idea feedback
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 00:27:33 GMT
Hi !

I've been trying to fix top-posting in this thread because TBH it was
hard to read . Excuse me if you notice any inconsistencies , and also
for the delay .

On 4/30/13, Antonia Horincar <antonia.horincar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Joachim Dreimann
> <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Olemis: The RestOnTracPlugin SVN repo is empty apart from two (empty)
>> folders. I can't find a download link either, and no documentation. In
>> fact
>> the only commit to the SVN repo I could find was the one adding the two
>> empty folders:
>> https://trac-hacks.org/log/restontracplugin?rev=13017&stop_rev=7797

all this is true ...

>> Did you mean that you only created a space for it on trac-hacks, or did
>> you
>> do further work that just isn't committed to the repo yet?

... in general , all plugins we develop from scratch are not managed
by svn repositories . We use DVCS (mercurial) instead . So most of my
plugins are hosted outside t.h.o (80% in Bitbucket + Sourceforge)

RestOnTracPlugin is currently developed in a private repository @
Bitbucket . Most (all ?) of what's been achieved in there has been
developed by @franco . So I'm looking adding him to Cc so that he can
tell us more about what's been done , current status , other lower
level details , and his opinion about publishing that repository .
Since I did had some influence on the plugin architecture and reviewed
the code I do can say that :

  - It depends on trachacks:XmlRpcPlugin
    * So it will benefit with the Bloodhound-specific
      enhancements I'm developing now for that
      plugin
  - It depends on pypi:Routes
  - If you notice similarities with Django Piston ,
    that's not a coincidence

>> On 30 April 2013 16:14, Antony Semonella <asemonella@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> RE: Same Origin Policy
>>>
>>> JSONP *may* be worth a look at:
>>> http://bob.ippoli.to/archives/2005/12/05/remote-json-jsonp/
>>>
>>> However do take heed of the security concerns as described here:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSONP
>>>

> After having a look over JSONP, I would like to ask if you think that
> it would a good approach for this project.

JSON-P will make it possible to retrieve JSON data hosted beyond
domain boundaries . AFAICR there's also built-in support for JSON-P in
jquery ajax transports , cmiiw .

--
Regards,

Olemis.