bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1477551 - in /bloodhound/trunk: bloodhound_dashboard/ bloodhound_dashboard/bhdashboard/widgets/ bloodhound_dashboard/bhdashboard/widgets/templates/ bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/htdocs/ bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/templates/
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 22:31:55 GMT
On 5/2/13, Matevž Bradač <matevz@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 1. May, 2013, at 3:00, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 4/30/13, matevz@apache.org <matevz@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Author: matevz
>>> Date: Tue Apr 30 10:58:59 2013
>>> New Revision: 1477551

>>> Log:
>>> Ticket relations widget - initial implementation
>>>

>> I'm really excited to see this
>> :)
>
> Glad to hear it. =)
> It's currently in very basic form, but should improve soon.

:)
Good work . I look forward to see more

>> Is there a chance to move these ticket relations widgets on to BH
>> Relations plugin ?
[...]
> I'm all for decoupling, but I ran into some issues when the widget
> was placed into bhrelations plugin. I'll recheck what it was and
> try to resolve it.

ok ...

+

> BTW, is the dashboard prerequisite for all other BH plugins?

Once upon a (long) time we had two options wrt common assets :

  1. a whole new (plugin | lib) for common assets
  2. include common assets and reusable code in BH Dashboard plugin

... and we chose (2) . Since that moment , yes , BH Dashboard is a
required dependency .

> Can it be turned off, but still have e.g. multiproduct support
> enabled?

I'm tempted to say «no» . In a few words : Twitter Bootstrap files
(i.e. an instance of common assets ;) are contributed by BH Dashboard
plugin . However afaicr , at least the first versions of default
multi-product templates did not depend upon bootstrap styling . BH
Theme plugin was in charge of installing Bootstrap-specific MP look
and feel .

> AFAICS, the widgets won't render without dashboard,
> but I'm not 100% sure.

Widgets are a derivative of dashboard concept . Indeed the later may
be defined as the combination of layout(s) + widget(s) . So there are
no dashboards without widgets (and layouts) , from an architectural
perspective .

--
Regards,

Olemis.