bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject BEP-0006 Ticket Relations, requirements clarifications
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 13:39:53 GMT
Hi all,

Bhrelations API is more or less stabile now. It is possible to create
and delete relations with optional cycle validation. There is also
possibility to reject ticket resolution if there are open children
tickets.

While bhrelations is designed to provide relations for different
resource types, ticket relations require more deep integration.

I would like to discuss how creation or deletion of ticket relation
should be reflected in tickets, notifications and history.

For example,  user established a new "depends on" relation between two
tickets - in bhrelations that means two relations: #t1 depends on #t2
and #t2 dependent from #t1 . Does it mean that both tickets were
modified? Should we generate two "ticket changed" mails?

Personally, I don't think that tickets should be modified on a
bhrelation modification. I would suggest the following integration
between tickets and bhrelations on relation creation or deletion:
 - insert records into the ticket_change table for both tickets to
obtain history
- introduce a new "BhRelationChanged" interface to enable "relation
changed" mail notifications. As part of the solution: we can provide
our own events and add-on for AnnouncerPlugin and TracNotification
- add add-on for bhsearch to enable search through tickets by relations

Thoughts, suggestions?

Cheers, Andrej