bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #521: Relations error on ticket page
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 07:36:03 GMT
On 10 May 2013 19:09, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to look into the status of the relations work and what is
> left to be done, but I can't find any tickets relating to it:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/query?component=relations&or&keywords=~relations&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=status&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
>
> I checked the BEP but again there's no indication on what progress has been
> made, no indication on what is outstanding and no tickets are linked to
> from there:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0006
I didn't feel need for tickets fro BEP-0006 during bhrelations base
code setup, defining requirements, and discussion on the mailing list.
But now, when the next release is close, I agree with Joachim that
tracking of bhrelations progress is important.
I suggest "bhrealtions" keyword for tickets if you don't mind.

>> I'm running into issues with it now but can't tell whether it's already
> known, a stopgap - the issue has been around for at least a few days before
> I raised it:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/521
As I mentioned in ticket, the problem was in moving the widget in
bhrealtaions.* namespace that was not enabled by default. In fresh
installation, components from bhrealtaions.* are enabled by default
but the existing installations must be fixed manually by enabling
bhrealtaions.* in ini file. Nigthly build demo also has to have
bhrelations.* enabled.

I suggest to make the widget including conditional, just in case if an
admin decides to disable bhrelations plugin. Any objections on this?

> What is happening here? This is a major feature for our issue tracker that
> seems to have no representation in trackable issues.
Bhrelations API is more or less done. Missing major parts so far are
UI (widget on ticket page, relation management page) and notifications
on modification.  I'll setup main remaining issues and will update the
BEP-0006 wiki page to show the list of related issues.

Cheers, Andrej