bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Anze Staric <anze.sta...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading existing Trac project to Bloodhound
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 11:36:17 GMT
Existing Trac installation can be either upgraded to bloodhound or
migrated to a new bloodhound_install.

"upgrade"
1. Install our modified trac and bloodhound_modules
2. add required sections/options to the trac.ini in existing env
3. trac-admin upgrade with the newly-installed trac-admin

"migrate to a clean install"
1. Install our modified trac with bloodhound_* modules
1. create a fresh bloodhound environment using bloodhound_setup
2. restore database backup
3. modify database setting in trac.ini to point to the restored
database, copy any related files such as attachments to the new env.
4. trac-admin upgrade
5. trac-admin bhsearch rebuild

A currently missing third option is a way to move data from an
existing trac env to an existing bloodhound env (to consolidate data
from different envs to multiple projects in one env).

I used the migration when testing upgrade to multiproduct, as all I
had was a database backup. Has anyone tried the upgrade approach
recently? I've tried it on an empty project created by initenv, but do
not have any real trac envs to upgrade.

Anze