bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Optional mailing list signup on registration
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 17:12:23 GMT
I'd like to make it easier to those interested in Bloodhound to get
involved.
Specifically I would like to add opt-in checkboxes for people to sign up to
dev@ or user@ at the point of registering and account on
i.a.o/bloodhound[1].

This should be possible through us sending a request to be added on their
behalf using the "Subscribe alternate address" mechanism[2]:
dev-subscribe-*username=host.tld*@bloodhound.apache.org
Here username=host.tld represents the email address username@host.tld.

The user would of course still have to confirm it, but I believe this will
help get people signing up by letting them know about our mailing list at a
key point and taking some work off them.

What do you think? Any practical steps that could help us implement this?

Cheers,
Joe

[1] http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/register
[2] http://www.niso.org/khelp/kmlm/user_help/html/email_commands.html

--
Joe Dreimann | *User Experience Designer* | WANdisco<http://www.wandisco.com/>

@jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>
*
*
*Join one of our free daily demo sessions on* *Scaling Subversion for the
Enterprise <http://www.wandisco.com/training/webinars>*

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE
PRIVILEGED.  If this message was misdirected, WANdisco, Inc. and its
subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and
opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco, unless the author is authorized
by WANdisco to express such views or opinions on its behalf.  All email
sent to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by
WANdisco.  Although WANdisco operates anti-virus programs, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being
passed.