bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #515: Fine-grained permission checks should be enforced on the Report list page
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 06:07:03 GMT
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/13, Apache Bloodhound <dev@bloodhound.apache.org> wrote:
>> > #515: Fine-grained permission checks should be enforced on the Report
>> list
>> > page
>> [...]
>> >  Changes to `bh_report_list.html` will be needed after the patch in
>> >  t:#11176 is applied.
>>
>> useful enhancement
>>
>> > See t:#11176 for details on the issue and fix.
>> >

>> @rjollos : r u running the functional test suite against Bloodhound's
>> modified version of Trac or a pristine checkout of Trac trunk ?
>>

> For the functional test case error I described in t:#11176, I was running
> the tests against a fresh checkout of the Trac 1.0-stable branch (hoping to
> get the patch included in Trac 1.0.2 and then bring the fix into
> Bloodhound).

It turns out the issue I was encountering is due to low-resolution
timestamps affecting Trac's the ability to detect file modifications. There
is more info in t:#11176, but it seems to come down to my Ubuntu 12.10 VM
with EXT3 filesystem has a 1 second resolution on the file modification
timestamps. In the functional testcase that I was having an issue with
there are two changes to `htpasswd`, and Trac wouldn't detect that the
second change was made if the file modification time hadn't rolled over by
one digit.