bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Optional mailing list signup on registration
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 15:16:36 GMT
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Joachim Dreimann <
joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ryan.
>
> The logical extension of this would be to also provide a text field that
> users can put their email address into with a subscribe button to do the
> same thing on our website[1] and/or some wiki pages[2][3][4].
>
> Just wanted to bring it up for future improvements :-) Not sure if that
> affects the approach you suggested.
>
> [1] http://bloodhound.apache.org/
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/WikiStart#Getinvolved
> [3]
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing#Community
> [4] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContactInfo

The Trac site has a text field embedded in a wiki page for registering with
Google Groups. They send the form data to [2]. If we don't have "a place"
to send the form data already, I suppose we just need to implement it with
a small plugin. I think it wouldn't even need to be a plugin to Trac
necessarily, but it might just be easiest to work within the existing
architecture.