bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Help for alternate authentication module
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 01:00:14 GMT
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On 5/13/13, Chris Gamache <cgamache@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to hook in an alternate authentication scheme to
> bloodhound?
>
> What version of Apacheā„¢ Bloodhound are you running ? 0.5.x ?
> forthcoming 0.6.x in trunk ?
>
> > I've tried to implement a custom IAuthenticator per
> > http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracStandalone which looks at a cookie to
> > determine allow/deny, and I must not be doing it right. It seems like it
> is
> > not even getting called...
> >

> If running 0.6.x with TracStandalone then this might be related to
> #514 . If you can not make it work , I'll take a look into this asaic
> to write some test cases (to track regressions ;) and see how it goes.

I've been looking at this for a few hours and I think we have to take into
account that AccountManager is implementing IAuthenticator, which may be
called first. I'm also not sure if you should deny authorization in
IAuthenticator. I think that should be done in an IPasswordStore
implementation.

Anyway, more later on.