bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [ASF-ICFOSS MENTORING COMDEV-92] Regarding Live Syntax Highlighting
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:47:12 GMT
Anoop,

A little off topic but have you tested your svn access yet? I can't see
a branch for your work yet so, on the assumption that you need a full
copy of bloodhound to play with, if you have the normal command line svn
client installed you should be able to do something like this:

svn cp https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bloodhound/trunk \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bloodhound/branches/livesyntaxhighlighting
\
     -m "creating branch for live syntax highlighting ASF-ICFOSS project"

If that works then you should then be able to check out the code with:

svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bloodhound/branches/livesyntaxhighlighting

and you will then be able to write your code in that branch.

I'll not try to guess your level of expertise in using subversion so if
you need any help, let us know and we can give bits of advice and point
you towards appropriate documentation. You will probably also want to
know how to create a plugin for your work to go in - we have a number of
examples of plugins that will be in the branch that you create, each of
which are named like bloodhound_[something].

You can also use Antonia's GSoC project as a guide. That will not be in
your branch though you can find it here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bloodhound/branches/bep_0007_embeddable_objects/

and you can see that Antonia called her plugin
"bloodhound_embedding_plugin" which has all (or at least the vast
majority) of her code in.

Again, please ask whenever you find that there is not enough information
on things.

Cheers,
     Gary