bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #673: Many owners in My Ticket widget in /products/prefix page
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:23 GMT
> On 30/09/13 07:14, Ryan Ollos wrote:
[...]
>> So should be just add a "Products" to the mainnav? I don't have a better
>> idea, and it seems like a good enough choice (#678).
>
> I'm not actually all that keen to add more to the default mainnav. I was
> thinking that it might be better to provide a more uniform breadcrumb
> across all views. We already have the ability to select products from
> various ticket related pages and this has the All products link to the
> products page. How would people feel if we also had this product
> dropdown available for wiki pages, for example?

In general the current version of products drop down is almost
unusable when there are many products , especially using small screen
sizes . Under such circumstances the list is too long and does not fit
in the screen . Considering the fact that breadcrumbs remain fixed at
the top on scroll this means that it's impossible to see and navigate
to the last product links .

[...]
> I also note that, at this point we have four links per row that be
> default show exactly the same page: the product icon, home and browse
> links all go to /products/<prefix>

afaict this redundancy is very common in mobile apps , some of which I
used as a reference to propose that UI enhancement .

> and these show the same view as
> /products/<prefix>/wiki. That is a whole lot of redundancy.

This might not be the case under certain configurations . Product
landing page may be tweaked.

[...]

--
Regards,