bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #673: Many owners in My Ticket widget in /products/prefix page
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 19:38:16 GMT
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:

> On 30/09/13 14:57, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
>> On 9/30/13, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 30/09/13 07:14, Ryan Ollos wrote:

[...]

> I also note that, at this point we have four links per row that be
>
>> default show exactly the same page: the product icon, home and browse
>>> links all go to /products/<prefix>
>>>
>> afaict this redundancy is very common in mobile apps , some of which I
>> used as a reference to propose that UI enhancement .
>>

> Does this correspond to best practice though? Is user understanding of the
> interface enhanced by the extra links? I don't know. I have my doubts that
> 4/7 links spread across the row all going to the same place is all that
> helpful here though.
>
> Personally, I don't think the browse button is providing any benefit other
> than filling horizontal space for us. How is it different to browsing the
> tickets or browsing the wiki, both of which seem to me to have fairly
> obvious connotations. Am I missing the purpose that the browse button is
> meant to fill?

I recall I used this as a reference

http://www.androiduipatterns.com/2011/12/how-should-android-apps-look-like_16.html

and browse was positioned as a secondary item control . Maybe another
action is more suitable in that place . I thought of Watch or Favorite ,
but we do not provide such functionality in core . Beyond that browse
button is easier to click on samrtphones and tablets , afaict .

[...]

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc