bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [ASF-ICFOSS MENTORING COMDEV-92] Regarding Live Syntax Highlighting
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:00:19 GMT
On 18 September 2013 15:43, Anoop Nayak <anoopknayak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> The fix was easy but again a dirty one. I'm looking forward to close the
> bug soon. Currently I have used the KeyError exception handling. I hope to
> find an alternative solution soon. And I have doubts regarding the license
> too. Actually I forked(modified) the mode wikimarkup.js and wikimarkup.css
> (still incomplete and a long way to get it perfected) from
> https://github.com/marijnh/CodeMirror/blob/master/mode/tiki/. So should I
> put the codemirror license in it or the apache license. I'm currently
> updating the repo now. Please do check the license in each of the external
> files i.e the following:
> 1.
> bloodhound_livesyntaxhighlighting/bhlivesyntaxhighlight/htdocs/js/codemirror.js
> 2.
>
> bloodhound_livesyntaxhighlighting/bhlivesyntaxhighlight/htdocs/css/codemirror.css
>
> I haven't coded for the wikitoolbar yet. I was planning to remove it. But I
> need your opinion here. And the code folding is implemented now i guess.

It may or may not make sense to remove the wikitoolbar. I'm not sure, at
least not for all fields/pages.
What's your reasoning?
How would a novice user learn about formatting options?
Will it be easy enough for them to apply styles without the toolbar?

Thanks for your work so far.

Joe

--
Joachim Dreimann | *User Experience Manager*

WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

e. joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com
twitter @jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>