bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Antonia Horincar <antonia.horin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BEP-0007 Embeddable tickets - final two weeks
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:49:45 GMT
Hi Joe,

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Joachim Dreimann <
joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Hi Antonia (and everyone else),
>
> I've been reviewing the latest state of your GSoC project today, and I'm
> impressed with your implementation so far. I've outlined some feedback
> below, but I'd also like to invite everyone else on this mailing list to
> review your plugin. There are only approximately two weeks of GSoC left.
>
> 1. Add the embed plugin to requirements-dev.txt on your branch so that it
> gets installed automatically in dev installations.

I just added the plugin to the requirements-dev.txt file.

> 2. The embed buttons across the UI should only appear when the plugin is
> enabled (currently they're always shown).

How can I achieve this? I'm not sure where exactly to look for examples.

> 3. I think the embed results would benefit from some more active styling.
> I've created ticket #659 [1] to make a suggestion for how this could look.

That's true, however I wasn't sure what would be a good appearance for
them. But, as you said, we'll probably receive some suggestions in ticket
#659 (and we'll also have the mockup you mentioned in this ticket).

> Have you got any work you know is outstanding? What's the status of your
> documentation, tests, etc?

I'll check again everything today and see if there are details that need to
be worked on.
Regarding the documentation, is there any code documentation pattern that I
should follow?
For testing, Olemis suggested writing unit tests for the views. However I
couldn't find any relevant example I could follow.

> Many thanks for your hard work so far.

Thank you, I enjoyed working on it and it helped me learn new concepts.