bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop Nayak <anoopkna...@gmail.com>
Subject [ASF-ICFOSS MENTORING COMDEV-92] Regarding Live Syntax Highlighting
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 15:20:41 GMT
Hi devs,

I tried looking at the CodeMirror <http://codemirror.net/> project and I
figured out that I need to write a new
mode<http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#modeapi> for
codemirror which can highlight WikiMarkup. And there is already a mode for
tikiMarkup <https://doc.tiki.org/Wiki-Syntax+Text> which is another Wiki
style language as found here
https://github.com/marijnh/CodeMirror/tree/master/mode/tiki. But I can't
understand how the code is working around why it is written in that way.
The next option is to start from scratch which again will consume more time
as I need to learn how a syntax highlighter works and an optimal solution
to it. And so in the process I was trying to understand by the example of a
mode given by the creator of the project itself in here
http://marijnhaverbeke.nl/blog/codemirror-mode-system.html. But again I am
not able to relate it with the tikimarkup mode.

Could anybody guide me on how to proceed with making a new mode.

Awaiting a reply soon.

Regards,

--
Anoop Nayak