bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #673: Many owners in My Ticket widget in /products/prefix page
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 06:14:01 GMT
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/27/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >> from
> >> from
> >> >

> >> AFAICT products list page (both global and local) are not linked from
> >> anywhere else (cmiiw) . AFAICR there was a main nav once upon a time
> >> ... prior to bep 3 and latest theme implementations .
> >

> > I propose we do the following:
> >  - Link the Product list page (`/products`) from somewhere that is always
> > visible (mainnav would be the most obvious choice).
>
> +

So should be just add a "Products" to the mainnav? I don't have a better
idea, and it seems like a good enough choice (#678).

>  >  - From the produce list page, link to `product_view.html` for each
> > product.
>
> It's the Dashboard . The fact is that the default product URL
> namespace overlaps with product_view.html in global scope but not in
> product scope . Therefore , in order to provide a consistent
> navigation in all contexts . Indeed /product_view.html is a kind of
> dashboard too .
>
> In the case of sub-domain deployments that overlapping does not exist
> , that's why I noticed these issues ;)
>
> > Maybe the //Home// button should direct there?
> >

> IMO the home button should point at the product home page , usually
> the wiki but maybe other page in the web site depending on
> configuration .

Yeah, it makes sense to have Home direct to the default_handler.

> > Thoughts?
>
> I'd rather advocate inserting a new nav item e.g. View pointing at
> $product_base_url/products/<prefix> which would be expanded to
> /products/<prefix>/products/<prefix> in default install or
> <prefix>.dom.ain/products/<prefix> for sub-domains (... or the
> corresponding path if other URL namespace is deployed ;)
>
> Items would look like this ...
>
> View | Edit | Home | Tickets | Wiki
>
> [...]

Adding a View link sounds good. I think it would be good to do this for
Release 8 since you've already made so many improvements to the Product
List page (#677). I'll plan to work the ticket if you don't beat me to it!