bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Saint Germain <saint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guidance needed to contribute to Bloodhound
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:35:20 GMT
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:24:40 -0500, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com>
wrote :

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Saint Germain <saintger@gmail.com>
> wrote: [...]
>

> > > Sorry that doesn't really answer the question but if you want
> > > source
> > control
> > > for your patches, github might be a better bet for this reason.
> >
> > No problem, hg-git is working perfectly for me and I can directly
> > pull the changes from github.
> >

> JFTR , these are the repositories I use :
>
>   - https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-tlp
>     * created with hgsubversion , contains changesets after project
> graduation (... due to a bug ...)
>   - https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-mq
>     * a patch queue based on the former
>   - https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound_hggit
>     * an hg mirror of Github mirror ...
>     * ... thus containing full project history (incubator + tlp)
>
> Soon I'll automate the process to keep them synchronized

Hi !

Will bloodhound-mq contains only the patches or also the trunk ?
I don't see the difference between bloodhound-tlp qnd bloodhound_hggit/
if they are synchronized, shouldn't they be the same ?
If not which one should I use to apply the patches ?

Is there a reason why you managed all the patches in a different
branch ?
I haven't seen this approach recommended when I was looking at MQ
tutorial.

Sorry for all these questions. You seem to have a nice workflow, so I
am trying to copy it ! ;-)

Thanks