bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Mauras <oliv...@core-hosting.net>
Subject First installation... my humble review
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:06:48 GMT
Hello,

I met Gary Martin this morning on #trac and discussing quickly about
the look & feel of Bloodhound i ended up installing it on a test server.
Here's a compilation of the points that i find "lacking":

1/ Blocking points for a production adoption - indeed that's only my
opinion

   * Product owner should automatically have admin rights to this
product.
   I plan on using Bloodhound in a multi product / multi users setup.
   I can't imagine it working without delegating the product admin
rights to their owners

   * Products should be able to have their own source repo
   If rights are delegated, I don't see any valid reason for owners to
not be able to add their own repos

2/ Confusing points

   * Tickets tab being the dashboard
   Being a new user, I find it really confusing for the "Tickets" tab
for being the dashboard and consequently the only access to products
list.
   It would be way more intuitive - and faster - to keep the products
list dropdown at the left of the breadcrumb.

   * Not knowing where you are
   This is indeed linked to the previous point, wiki and source pages
don't show the product in breadcrumb

3/ Eye candy

   * Source browser CSS may not be the easiest to read
   All lines to the same color make it difficult to catch things
   Age color highlight is too light and/or too close in colors

   * There's place on the mainnav tabs
   As there's place available and that one can enable timeline and
roadmap from base.ini why not add them to mainnav() to not have then in
"More" tab?

4/ Graphic glitch

   https://bh-demo1.apache.org/products/%40/roadmap
   As you can see here milestone bars are not displaying correctly.

I think that's all I have for now, thanks for taking time to read me.

Olivier