bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Add and respond to tickets via email
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:13:49 GMT
On 11 November 2013 09:10, Joachim Dreimann
<joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com>wrote:

> > On 11 Nov 2013, at 08:33, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Brylie Oxley <brylie@nten.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >> We are setting up a Helpdesk/documentation management solution. In
> order to
> >> encourage staff acceptance, this tool should require very little of
> staff.
> >> We
> >> would like for staff to be able to file a helpdesk ticket by sending an
> >> email,
> >> and have the helpdesk personnel use the helpdesk tool to organize and
> >> respond
> >> to tickets. Staff are already familiar with, and frequently using, their
> >> email
> >> tools, so this is a natural connection.
> >>
> >> How can we use Bloodhound to support operations and helpdesk staff to
> >> communicate efficiently, using familiar tools such as IMAP, GMail,
> iMail,
> >> Thunderbird, Outlook, etc?
> >> --
> >> Brylie Oxley
> >> Data and Systems Coordinator
> >> Nonprofit Technology Network
> >> http://nten.org
> >>
> >> It's that time again! Register now <http://www.nten.org/ntc> for the
> 2014
> >> NTC in Washington DC, March 13-15. Early bird rates end Dec. 13, save
> $300
> >> on your #14NTC registration by joining or renewing your NTEN
> >> membership<http://www.nten.org/join>.
> >>
> >> 1020 SW Taylor, #800
> >> Portland, OR 97205
> >>
> >> Phone: 1-415-397-9000
> >> Fax: 1-415-814-4056
> >>
> >> NTEN is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.
> >

> > Email2Trac (1) seems to be a popular plugin for Trac that allows
> converting
> > emails to Trac tickets. The plugin hasn't been tested with Bloodhound as
> > far as I know, and I'm not sure if it will work with the Multiproduct
> > extension in Bloodhound, but I think it would be worth giving it a try.
> If
> > you have any issue, we can help you work through them.
> >
> > (1) http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/EmailtoTracScript
>
> We have used it successfully with Bloodhound in our company for a similar
> system. That was in then days before MultiProduct though, so it would be
> great to hear back from you if you try it Brylie.
>
> - Joe

I'm having a look into this. As it is not a true plugin there are some
changes that are required so that it is multiproduct aware. I think I am
most of the way to working out what these should be and so I will pass on
the details to the maintainer shortly.

Cheers,
    Gary