bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization of Bloodhound
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:40:50 GMT
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Saint Germain <saintger@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have updated my repo on bitbucket to correct the patch for ticket
> #694 and finished the french translation on Transifex.

good !
:)

> I will create a separate branch/patch on Bitbucket which includes the
> french translation and make a pull request.

preferably a new patch (qnew) applied on top of the former

> Here are a few comments but mostly it works ! ;-)
>
> 1) There a lot (around 300-400 I think) of duplicated strings with
> Trac. With Transifex I just quickly copy-pasted the translation, but
> ideally (Don't Repeat Yourself) we should mark these strings as
> duplicates of Trac strings

yes , ideally i18n (BH) code should be changed to retrieve those from Trac
catalogs

> (big work)

:-/

> 2) So far I see 2 parts where the translation doesn't work:
>   a) the test in the Seach box ("Search all produts. Try TracLinks").
> I have no idea why it doesn't work

It seems that Genshi extractor is not detecting some attributes e.g. input
placeholder

>   b) In the Custom Query page, the checkboxes "accepted, assigned,
> closed, needinfo, etc." are still in english (I don't know where the
> names are defined)

I've spotted a situation that might require our attention during i18n
process. In many templates there are embedded widgets e.g.

{{{#!xml

<bh:widget urn="TicketFieldValues">
   <bh:args>
    <bh:arg name="title">Components</bh:arg>
    <bh:arg name="field">component</bh:arg>
    <bh:arg name="verbose">true</bh:arg>
    <bh:arg
name="query">product=${product.prefix}&amp;group=component</bh:arg>
   </bh:args>
</bh:widget>
}}}

In such cases some parameters should be translated (e.g. `title` in sample
widget above) whereas other do not . Depending on the behavior of the
Genshi i18n extractor something should be done about this in order to
either :

- Force detection of language-dependent strings e.g. ''Components''
- Do not include neutral strings in translation catalog

Have you noticed such issues in the dashboard ?

@rjollos : will this be a useful addition to the Trac core ?

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc