bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guidance needed to contribute to Bloodhound
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:25:16 GMT
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM, Saint Germain <saintger@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:43:37 -0500, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com>
> wrote :
>

> > > Will bloodhound-mq contains only the patches or also the trunk ?
> > >

> > That depends on whether you clone vs qclone it . In the first case
> > you'll get patches repository (I guess) . If you qclone it then
> > you'll get everything properly setup .
> >
> > I don't see the difference between bloodhound-tlp qnd
> > bloodhound_hggit/
> > > if they are synchronized, shouldn't they be the same ?
> > >

> > hggit copies are different to hgsubversion copies .
> >

> > > If not which one should I use to apply the patches ?
> > >

> > bloodhound-mq
> >

> Currently last commit on trunk in bloodhound-mq is from 14th january,
> so I will wait that you synchronize it with the official trunk to
> continue.

Oh , sorry ! You are definitely right , my mistake .
I did not notice that the patch queue was attached to the old BH mirror
containing incubation history , not the tlp repos .

<ot>
Incubator vs TLP history is split due to an issue with hgsubversion [1]_
[2]_ ... sorry
</ot>

JFTR this is what I did :

1. Rename the old olemis/bloodhound-mq repos to
olemis/bloodhound-incubator-mq @ bb
2. Create a new patch queue in olemis/bloodhound-mq @ bb
3. hg push changesets in my local working copy

Therefore this should be ok if you discard any previous repos and run

{{{#!sh

$ hg qclone https://<user>@bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-mq
}}}

Initially to develop patches even further you could fork the patch queue
repos and create pull requests as usual
;)

<ot>
PS: ... and this is an evidence of another feature of MQ , you can bind the
same patches queue to a completely unrelated repos ;)
</ot>

> > > You seem to have a nice workflow, so I
> > > am trying to copy it ! ;-)
> > >

> > © copyright osimons + olemis
>
> Maybe we should write a wiki page about it ?
> On the front page of Bitbukcet bloodhound-mq maybe ?

hmmm ... time will tell
;)

.. [1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9332993/is-it-possible-to-reconnect-hgsubversion-to-a-manually-constructed-repository