bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Guidance needed to contribute to Bloodhound
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:10:08 GMT
On 13 November 2013 10:00, Saint Germain <saintger@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a bit lost on the best way to contribute to Bloodhound.
>
> We can get the source from Subversion, from Github and Bitbucket and
> patches can be sent through patch/diff, github pull request and
> mercurial mq pull request.
> But what is the recommended  method ?

Code from Subversion and attaching patches/diffs to tickets. Github the
official mirror for the code. We haven't yet received pull requests there
so I'm not sure how we would best deal with them.

> For instance, I saw that Olemis is using Bitbucket and mercurial-mq a
> lot, so I decided to invest a little time to learn it to try his
> patches. However I have some questions:
>
> 1) From where can I get the trunk ? If I qclone bloodhound-mq, I don't
> see the most recent commit in Bloodhound.
> I can use hgsubversion or hg-git to get the source from the official
> repo, but I was expecting an up-to-date mirror on Bitbucket ?

The official Apache Bloodhound project is not related to any hosting on
Bitbucket.

> 2) Is there a guide to work with MQ on Bitbucket the way Olemis is
> doing ? For instance I saw that there is a dedicated branch for each
> patch, and reading the mercurial-mq documentation, I was expecting
> that all patches are on the same branch.
> How can I apply several patches ? Switching branch after applying a
> patch seems to mess things up.
>
> Thanks !

I'm not familiar with how this would work in mercurial-mq, but if you
experience similar issues with Subversion, I'd be happy to try and help.

Cheers,
Joe

--
Joachim Dreimann | *User Experience Manager*

WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

e. joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com
twitter @jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>